Maxon OD808 Overdrive Pedal

Saturday, October 24, 2009 comments

The Maxon OD-808 is simply the best I've played.

The controls are simple: Overdrive, tone, balance. 'Nuff said. I was amazed by how much range I found within these, though! My favorite setting is Overdrive and Tone at around 12 noon, with Balance at about 2-3:00. Awesome...super creamy and responsive. I play with a Telecaster, and this thing makes it sound like a dream that shakes me walls (normally considered a nightmare).

I've never played an original tube screamer, but this thing is 99% the same pedal, down to the chipset inside (based on the research I did). Plus, at 100 bucks cheaper, why not go Maxon anyway? Seriously invest in one of these. Pricier than some other overdrives, but well worth the cost.

comments

Post a Comment