Dunlop Tortex Picks, 88mm (pack of 12)

Monday, October 26, 2009 comments

I've been playing guitar for 22 years now. For at least 20 of those years, I've been using Tortex picks, and I will never stop using them as long as I live.

The reason that I fell in love with these picks is that their edges aren't rounded like standard "Fender" style plastic or tortoise shell picks. The edge of a Tortex is cut at right angles, they have corners. When you peddal on a wound string, you get an amazingly crisp and sharp scraping timbre that just can't be achieved with standard rounded off picks. The catch is that of course the cornered edge wears down rather quickly as you play. You will only get this awesome sound for a few minutes. A professional performer would want to switch to a fresh pick at the beginning of each song. A bedroom virtuoso will get more use out of them.

comments

Post a Comment