Planet Waves Pro String Winder and Cutter

Monday, October 26, 2009 comments

Dont you love it when a product:

-does what it claims
-does it well
-is a good deal?

I used my PlanetWaves Pro for the first time last night. The pin puller works smoothly, and the string winder doesnt come unscrewed constantly like every other one I've owned!
The componenet that really made my day was the string cutter. The 'blade' aint that sharp, but easily whacks the end of a low E string. Since there is only a little exposed metal, all of which is smooth and rounded, the risk of scratching your guitar is minimal, and the small cutting head makes it easy to trim the string very close to the peg.

The Pro String Winder appears to be well built, and I suspect that it will last me quite a while. Even if if conks out in a year (not that I think it will), its a good bargain, and I'll buy another.

comments

Post a Comment