Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Electric Guitar, Ebony

Friday, October 30, 2009 comments

Now while I can't say that this is just as good as a Gibson its close enough. Bought this guitar from American Musical Supply for $319.99 (with free shipping) and for the price it is not bad at all. I ordered it on Sunday night arrived Wednesday playable right out of the box!!!


Looks

Its truly beautiful not as detailed as Gibson but who cares. I got the ebony with chrome hardware the picture does not do this guitar justice. I swear it looks three times as good as it does in the picture.


Sound

For a guitar of this price the pickups are great. On a clean channel the neck/rhythm pickup provides a nice thick rich warm bluesy tone with sustain that seems to last forever! While the bridge/treble pickup provides a bright perfect tone. When mixed with my Big Muff Pi & Boss DS-2
Turbo Distortion pedals (both are a great buy) it provides deep smooth rhythms and ear scorching leads.


Durability

The guitar it self is very well made and can take quite a beating.
My only gripe so far is it goes out of tune with the original strings. So I swapped them out for a new set haven't had a problem since.

Overall

If your looking for a cheap alternative to a $2000-3000 Gibson Les Paul without sacrificing sound or durability this is by far your best bet. If something ever happened to it without a thought I'd replace it in a second.



GET THIS HERE !!

comments

Post a Comment